How much money did you spend on Christmas gifts? Did you add additional people to the list at the last-minute? Did you dip into your saved money to do some extra things over this holiday season? I know many people are still buying outfits for a big New Year Eve party or get together. Some of us got new outfits to sit in our families living room for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Christmas is now over, and if you don’t have a New Year Eve outfit yet I wish you the best of luck out here. It’s important to start replenishing your cash!
You probably used your credit card too. Watch out for those interest rates. I know you still want to go to brunch on a Sunday or two after the holiday. I’m also sure you want something to eat other than holiday food. I didn’t even take any leftovers home. I can’t eat them after day 2 anyway. If you’re one of those people that don’t need to replenish any funds be it regular spending money, savings, or savings for Christmas funds next year then bravo to you! The tips I provided are not for you, but maybe you know someone that may be interested.
Below I’ve have 10 tips on revamping your stash. It’s all about discipline.
- Go over the amount of money spent over the holidays.
- Decide how much you want to save or replace per pay cycle.
- Create a budget for groceries, toiletries, and gas to last you until your next pay. STICK TO THE BUDGET!
- Don’t dine out unless someone is treating you. You’ll save so much money by eating at home.
- You don’t have to go to every single event you’re invited to. Instead invite people over for a game or movie night.
- Stop yourself from ordering merchandise online. You don’t need it because you’re not doing that much hanging out, remember? Refer to number 5.
- When shopping for your toiletries get them from a store that you don’t like to be in for long periods of time like Walmart. It’ll be beneficial to get what you need, and get out of there!
- See if there are extra hours available for you at work. If you have your own business big or small run a sale on some items or services that you provide.
- With the money you have remaining from your pay cycle you can pay more toward your credit card balance if you used your credit card, and the rest you can stash in your savings.
- Repeat the cycle until you are back on track with your dollars.